Knowledgeable counsel and representation for employers and employees
Employment Law for Employers and Employees with Legal Issues
Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC provides both plaintiff and defense counsel in all matters relating to employment contracts and workplace discrimination claims. Based in Morgantown, West Virginia, the firm’s lawyers represent employees and employers throughout the Mountain State.
Bader Giggenbach has practiced law since 1994, and he has extensive experience in employment law and business litigation. He regularly represents faculty members, staff and physicians of teaching hospitals and centers of higher education. Through mediation, trial, or proactive counseling on employment law issues, the team can protect client interests and find efficient, cost-effective resolutions.
The firm’s attorneys are regularly consulted by area businesses and statewide organizations, including classified and non-classified employees for knowledgeable representation in contractual and West Virginia Public Employees Grievance Board matters involving:
- Promotion and Tenure
- Negotiation of Contracts or Severance
- Job Performance (reprimands and sanctions) or Termination
- Sexual Harassment Claims
- Discrimination and Termination Cases
Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC negotiates and litigates restrictive covenants (non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements), enabling businesses to protect trade secrets or ex-employees to seek new jobs in their field. The labor and employment law team also negotiate severance packages for executives.
Our Employment Law Services
Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC represents employees or employers in issues relating to hiring, firing, and workplace treatment, including:
- West Virginia Human Rights Commission Matters
- Discrimination (race, age, gender, religion, or national origin)
- Sexual Harassment
- Disability Discrimination (including failure to accommodate under the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)/Pregnancy Discrimination
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Wrongful Discharge/Whistleblower Retaliation
- Deliberate Intent/Mandolidis
- Non-Competes and Contracts
- Employer Consulting
Call for a Free Consultation:
Schedule an Appointment with Our Skilled Lawyers
Clients across West Virginia seek Brewer & Giggenbach attorneys for employment law, consulting on drafting company policies and procedures, and on specific issues such as getting out of a contract or how to fire a problematic worker. Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC, located in Morgantown, West Virginia, offers a free phone consultation at (304) 291-5800 or you may complete our online contact form to request an appointment. The firm of Brewer & Giggenbach, PLLC serves clients throughout West Virginia.